Feliz Fiestas! Happy Holidays!
We are taking this moment to send our BEST WISHES to you and yours during the holiday season and the start of a New Year. Here are some highlights from 2011:
• Dreamtown’s Website up and running thanks to our talented team member, Armand Emamdjomeh!
• We reached $40,000 on Kickstarter with more than 3,000 people’s support and contributions making possible a production trip back to Ecuador and advancing our story along tremendously. A list of special thanks to everyone that contributed can be found here.
• Georgina’s eyesight (Carlos’s mom) was saved from going blind thanks to Do Gooder contributions from Dahlia Philips and Ruth Ayala-Quezada. She is healing right now.
• We managed to screen DreamTown’s work-in-progress in 12 venues including Museo del Barrio, Upper 90 Soccer store, La Peña’s Cultural Center, Jacob Burns Film Center, NYU’s Afro-Latin Film Series, and many more.
• Our community of fans is growing strong and we partnered up with JUVE, NALIP, ULP, United Latinos en Accion, and Young Ecuadorian American Professionals.
• We were nominated for and awarded a year round mentorship from NALIP’s LAMP program!
2011 was an amazing year thanks to each of you!! We still have a lot of work in 2012 and want to make sure we finish the film next year. If you can, please consider an End of Year Gift to DreamTown. You can make a tax-deductable donation through Woman Make Movies on our behalf and know you are supporting Latino independent film, EL Chota Valley, and cooperative economics ☺
Click here to donate.
May 2012 bless each of us with abundance in health, love, prosperity, peace & happiness.
SALUD!! CHEERS TO ALL!!